Monday, June 22, 2009

Rocking

It's been pretty cold start for the summer but it seems it's getting warmer now. Never the less last week was nice. First Metallica and then AC/DC concert. My son was with me in the Metallica concert. It was his first rock concert and not a bad one to start with, not at all. Guitar Hero Metallica is played even more now than before the concert...

I wanted to test python plasmoids and made 'Now rocking' applet. It proved to be good experiment with python plasmoids and was a good test case for plasma too. Translation, config and initial size for scripted applets got fixes along the way. It has custom animation, widgets and toolbar but hopefully in 4.4 I can use more standard Plasma stuff and get it simpler.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Rabe said...

nice but decide for one font, otherwise it looks messed up

18:18  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, I'd like to translate this into Dutch. Where can I find the po file?

18:41  
Blogger Petri Damstén said...

Artist and track title fonts can be configured in settings. Now rocking 'logo' is replaced with album art when playing.

18:42  
Blogger Petri Damstén said...

There is ~/.kde/share/apps/plasma/plasmoids/now-rocking/contents/Messages.sh that should do a po file but it seems to not work at the moment. You can find po file from Finnish translation ~/.kde/share/apps/plasma/plasmoids/now-rocking/contents/locale/fi/LC_MESSAGES for the mean time until I fix the Messages.sh.

18:49  
Blogger txf said...

seems to crash plasma on opensuse :(. I wish custom plasmoids didn't randomly decide not to work. I always thought that one of the advantages of scripted plasmoids were that they were isolated from plasma

22:17  
Blogger Dread Knight said...

Looks awesome! Can't wait to try it out!

If you want romanian translation, you should set this up on launchpad.

Send me an e-mail if you do so :) I might get you more translators. I hope to see this in Ubuntu repositories... or maybe you'll make a PPA for a start.

Cheers!

04:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home